The Montana Wilderness Association announced today their shiny, new online hiking guide for Montana at hikewildmontana.org. Here’s what Brian Sybert, MWA executive director has to say about it:
Today, we’re celebrating a new chapter in MWA’s long and proud tradition of connecting people to Montana’s special places that deserve protection. We’re celebrating the state’s first-ever online, statewide trail guide – hikewildmontana.org.
Made possible by a generous grant from the Montana Office of Tourism, hikewildmontana.org is a one-stop, comprehensive tool for finding a trail in just about any given area across the state, east or west.
Hikewildmontana.org allows users to:
- Discover trails recommended by local residents.
- Locate trails on an electronic map.
- Choose a perfect path based on distance and elevation gain.
- View waterfalls, badlands, ancient forests, big views, and other natural wonders.
- Review trail conditions added by recent hikers and add their own trip reports.
- Contribute their own trail descriptions.
- Find a great place near the trailhead to stay for the night or have breakfast, a burger, or a beer.